A small investement in a professional appraisal is a wise decision, if you are planning to sell your home. Unless you study real estate values on a day to day basis (like a professional appraiser does) it's difficult for you to understand real estate values. We aren't talking about how much you have invested in your home, how much you paid for it, or how much you want for it. We're talking about the true market value of your home. Knowing your home's market value could really pay off for you in the long run!
SELLING YOUR HOME "FSBO"
Today, more and more homeowners today are choosing to sell their homes FSBO (For Sale By Owner) and foregoing the help of a real estate agent. Selling your home by owner can possibly end up saving you a potential "hefty" commission (industry average is 5-7% of the home's selling price). Many FSBO sellers feel that they have more control in the process of selling their home. But selling your home on your own will require a significant amount of "research" if you're going to do it right. One piece of advice that is consistently given by the experts in selling your home FSBO is....Do NOT "Overprice" Your Home! It's very hard to be objective about your own home because of your emotional attachment to it. Our professional appraisers are objective and will tell you what you need to know, not just what you want to hear.
If you're working with a real estate agent to list your property, most likely they'll provide you with a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) that lists selected sales in your area. This is one of the first steps in determining what to set as the "Listing Price". This step is extremely important if you're going to maximize your profit and minimize your home's time on the market.
Even if you're working with the most experienced real estate agent, it's in your best interest to have an "objective" third-party's opinion of value prior to signing a Listing Agreement. And that's where Preferred Appraisers of Central Florida can help. We can provide you with a pre-listing appraisal so both you and your agent have an accurate description of your home's features and a detailed analysis of the most recent and similar "comparable sales". In addition to helping you set a realistic selling price so your home will attract prospective buyers, an appraisal can:
- Impress buyer's with written proof of your home's condition inside and out
- Be a very valuable negotiating tool once you have a potential buyer
- Decrease the chances of unknown problems that cause sales to fall through
- Make you aware of problems and eliminate last-minute repair hassles that might delay a closing
- Eliminate the waiting time for the buyer or their mortgage company to get the appraisal done on their own
Many people are surprised when they find out that the market value of their home is much more than they thought many times. Investing in a professional appraisal actually allowed these people to receive several thousand more dollars than they thought they would when their home was sold. Others have an "inflated" opinion of their home's value and an appraisal helped them to realistically price their home in order for it to sell. An overpriced home will not attract buyers, which means you have wasted valuable time, money, and efforts.
Do you feel you don't need an "appraisal" but you'd still like some help gathering local property and sales data? Our appraisal reports help you to make an informed buying decision. Our company understands the complexities of buying a home and knows what you are going through. We will do our best to make it easier for you by giving you a high quality, professional appraisal that you can depend on!
When you order an appraisal report from Preferred Appraisers of Central Florida, you can expect. . . .
- Appraisal and consulting reports formats to suit YOUR needs: When it comes to appraisal and consulting, we offer a variety of report types and delivery methods. We can deliver your report attached to a standard email, or notify you of an Internet site to download your report.
- Prompt response to your initial inquiry: We will give you personalized information to suit your particular appraisal need. Just tell us your situation and we will make suggestions. We provide quick turnaround times. Typically one week or less from the date the request is received.
- Quick response to follow-up questions: Our reports are clearly written, easy to understand, and meet or exceed the Uniform Standards of Professional Practice that governs the appraisal practice. If you have any questions regarding your appraisal, after you've read the report, we encourage you to email or call us!